Button: Benefits and money management

What benefits am I entitled to?

Not sure where to start? Find out what financial support you may be entitled to based on your circumstances through the use of benefit calculators.

Managing debt

If you’re struggling with debt, it can be hard to know where to turn. But with lots of free advice services available across the UK, you can find help in a way that’s best for you.

For information read our guide:

Cold weather payment

A cold weather payment is money to help with fuel costs during periods of very cold weather. 

For more information, visit our “Cold weather payment” guide.

Disability living allowance

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults is being replaced by Personal Independence Payments (PIP) for people aged 16 or older.

Disability Living Allowance for children helps to meet the extra costs that you might have because of your child’s disability.  

For more information on DLA and PIP, visit our “Disablity living allowance” guide.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new benefit for people aged between 16 and 64. You may be eligible to receive this if you’re on a low income or out of work.

For more information read our “Universal credit” guide.

Financial Support

Read our comprehensive guide to financial support to help you.

Tax credits

If you are on a low income, you can claim Working Tax Credit to boost your income. In order to qualify, you must be in employment or self-employed.

For more information read our “Tax credits” guide.

Support for your fuel and water bills

Read our guide to discover how to receive support for your fuel and water bills.

Personal independence payments

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a new benefit replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults aged over 16-64.  DLA shall continue as a separate benefit for children under 16 years. 

Read more in our “Personal independence payments” guide.

Carers allowance

Carers Allowance is a benefit you might be entitled to if you care for someone for more than 35 hours per week. Submitting an application is very straightforward and will determine your eligibility.

For more information read our guide:

Help with travel costs to hospital

Travel to appointments can be expensive, especially if you live some distance from you nearest metabolic centre. If you are in receipt of financial support you may be able to get some reimbursements and in some cases for a carer too. Read our guide for further information.

Skip to content